Instrucciones para participantes
Hemos decidido crear El Tubo de la Temporada para honrar el surf de Ecuador y enseñar al mundo que nuestras olas pueden plantarle cara a todos las míticas olas de los conocidos Hawaii, California, Indo, y demás paraisos exóticos.
Las votaciones las hacéis vosotros, no hay favoritismos! Para ayudarte, puedes seguir estas pautas utilizadas en las competiciones más conocidas:
– Tamaño de la Ola (25%) –
– Grado de Dificultad del Tubo (25%) –
– Estilo (25%) –
– Factor “dureza” en general (25%) –
Los ganadores reciben:
$2,000 ($1.500 para el Surfista, $500 el Videografo) Además de fama mundial, y algún regalo sorpresa de la marca Mineral Surfboards y Sarpha Eyewear.
Cómo subir los videos:
Aceptamos videos de YouTube y Vimeo.
Súbelo en la siguiente página: http://mineralsurfboards.com/sube-tu-video/
*Limites: 1 video por Surfista/Fotógrafo al mes. Caidas y tubos fallidos no se llevan este premio 🙂
By participating, Surfers and Videographers acknowledge they are participating at their own risk and that neither Mineral Surfboards nor Sarpha Eyewear nor any Sponsor is responsible for any physical harm or death that may befall any Surfer or Videographer as a result of participation in these Contests.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: El Tubo de la Temporada 2019 is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (except by express permission of the Sponsors and express consent of a parent or guardian) and who did not purchase any equipment for the purposes of entering these Contests.
Mineral Surfboards and any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Mineral Surfboards, each Sponsors’ and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Timing: The Contest runs once every month. It begins on Friday 7th of December 2018 at 00:01 (Ecuador Time) and ends May 15th 2019 at 23:59 (Ecuador Time). All submission must be done on the last Sunday of every month. Mineral Surfboard’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: To participate in this Contest, a surfer (“Surfer”) and videographer (“Videographer”) must visit Ecuador between December 7th 2018 at 00:01 (Ecuador Time) and May 15th 2019 at 23:59 (Ecuador Time). The Surfer and Videographer may also be referred to as entrants. The Surfer needs to then successfully ride a wave — with no JetSki assist — that is to be videotaped by the Videographer. The video will henceforth be referred to as the submission (“Submission”). Once the Submission has been created, the Videographer may submit the registration form, and submit the Submission. By participating, each Surfer and Videographer acknowledge they are participating at their own risk and that neither Surfline nor any Sponsor is responsible for any physical harm or death that may befall any Surfer or Videographer as a result of participation in these Contests. By submitting a Submission, both the Videographer who created the Submission, and the Surfer featured in the Submission, agree that the Submission conforms to the Video Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contests if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
– All entries must be submitted using our video entry form.
– Videos with poor visual quality will not be accepted.
– The Submission must not be edited.
– The Submission must be submitted without any watermarks before the last Sunday of every month.
– The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
– The Submission must not disparage Sponsors, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion;
– The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by Videographer;
– The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
– The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
– The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the state of Ecuador where Submission was created; and
– The Submission must not contain unsportsmanlike conduct, extraordinarily dangerous acts, reckless acts, or evidence of inexperienced surfing in extreme surf conditions.
Limit: Videographers may only upload one (1) Submission per month. The Videographer must have permission from the featured Surfer, and any other individuals that appear in the Submission, to use their names and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, the Videographer must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsors.
Uploading a Submission constitutes consent of both the Videographer and featured Surfer to give Sponsors a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
The uploading parties (Surfer and Videographer) shall refrain from any further use (self-promotional or otherwise) of the video once submitted to our platform without the consent of Mineral Surfboards.
If requested, both the Videographer and featured Surfer will be required to sign any documentation necessary for Sponsors or their designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to the Videographer of any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to upload the Submission will be deemed to be the Videographer. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Videographer may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. In the event of a dispute as to the featured Surfer in any Submission, the Surfer closest to the breaking part of the wave will be deemed the Surfer.
5. Winner Determination:
– El Tubo de la Temporada 2019: is a user voted contest.
In the event of a tie for the “El Tubo de la Temporada 2019” the Surfer whose Submission received the highest Degree of Difficulty of Maneuvers score, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the winner. Sponsors and Mineral Surfboards reserve the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive an eligible and qualified Submission.
6. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone. Each potential Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return winner documentation, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, to confirm eligibility, release Sponsors and Administrator of liability, or for any other reason deemed necessary by Sponsors. The documentation must be received by Sponsors within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent for the potential winner to remain eligible to receive a prize. If the documentation is not received by Sponsors within ten (10) days, or the potential winner cannot be contacted, the potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Up to three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsors and their designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, country, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsors the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsors shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsors in their sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsors shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsors choose to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsors, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsors against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after end of Contest.
7. El Tubo de la Temporada 2019 Prizes:
ONE (1) SURFER PRIZE: $1,500 USD. ONE (1) VIDEOGRAPHER PRIZE: $500 USD.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Mineral Surfboards, Sarpha Eyewear and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, licensors, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contests or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. General Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contests, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contests, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. If terminated Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contests may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contests; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contests; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contests, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contests or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contests or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contests, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS 18 AND OLDER WHO DID NOT PURCHASE ANY EQUIPMENT FOR PURPOSES OF ENTERING THE CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.